Why Nutrition Matters
A number of reasons contribute to success in sport, and nutrition is a key component. An athlete’s goal is to perform at their best on and off the field and proper nutrition can give them that competitive edge. An athlete’s needs depend on sport type, the athlete’s goals, the environment, intensity and duration of training.
Nutrition is not one size fits all, it must be tailored to the athlete; including to-day dietary advice and specific advice before, during, and after training and/or competition. Using the latest in nutrition research, our sports dietitian spends time getting to know you! To ensure optimal athletic performance and recovery, creating specific macronutrient and calorie goals to help achieve total athlete health and wellness.
How Adequate Nutrition Helps Athletes:
- Increases energy level and overall sport performance
- Promotes recovery
- Improves hydration status
- Improves body composition
- Decreases risk of Injury
BALANCE nutritious and fun foods!
Additional Services Offered at ROI:
- Individual counseling sessions and custom nutrition plans
- Follow up sessions and progress checks offered so custom plan can be altered as needed
- Meal plans catered towards performance goals
- Team grocery store tours & cooking demonstrations
- Knowing what to look for and what to avoid is key to overall, nutritional success. Knowing how to prepare it is equally important
- Team nutrition seminars (Lunch-N-Learns)
- Our sports dietitian will come to you and help educate your team on the benefits of nutritional wellness