Athletic Training and Sports Medicine
Athletic Training & Sports Medicine Coverage includes the prevention, examination, diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of emergent, acute or chronic injuries and medical conditions. ROI is happy to offer this service for games, camps, practices, and/or tournaments!
Having an Athletic Trainer at your event alleviates the pressure of handling serious medical emergencies, athletic injuries, and/or environmental hazards. Often, local services take time to respond, whereas having an Athletic Trainer mitigates the situation and respond immediately, making for a more accurate analysis of the injury. That level of care results in faster, more complete care, with less time lost from their sport.
Our integrated approach joins the expertise of our Athletic Trainer along with the insight of our team of Physical Therapists, Exercise Physiologists, Strength and Conditioning Coaches, and Registered Dietitians to ensure that the whole athlete is accounted for.
Discounts for coverage of multiple events and/or season long coverage will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
IMMEDIATE AND EMERGENCY CARE
- Determine level of consciousness and emergency care needed
- Administer appropriate emergency response (CPR/AED, splinting, bleeding control, body temp control, EMS activation)
IDENTIFY ENVIRONMENTAL RISK FACTORS
- Heat index – screening and management for heat illness
INJURY/ILLNESS PREVENTION AND WELLNESS PROTECTION
- First-aid / wound care
- Athletic taping / bracing
- Concussion evaluation
- Athletic stretching
CLINICAL EVALUATION AND DIAGNOSIS
- Examine acute, subacute, or chronic musculoskeletal injuries
- Refer to appropriate medical professional for follow-up